Thursday, September 1, 2011

Burger Tour Day 4

Hello Friends!!! The Burger Tour 2011 continued today with a stop at the Station Grill in Muskegon. I've been there before and was not overly impressed but today I gotta say, the burger was excellent. My sister and I got kind of a late start today and i thought I knew where the restaurant was and I got off the freeway where I thought I should, but we spent a lot of time driving thru the hood of Muskegon. In case you've never been to Muskegon, there seems to be a lot of "hood" there. We finally turned around when we got on the freeway heading north. So we turned around and headed back towards Muskegon and ended up going towards downtown which is closer to the lake and was quite nice. By this time Dianne got the GPS going on her phone and found out that we were only about 4 1/2 miles from the restaurant. Somehow we found our way even when the GPS lost its signal and cruised in to the cute as heck restaurant. It's in an old filling station and it is really cute inside and out. It wasn't crowded and we quickly ordered up some bacon cheese burgers. The smallest is a 1/2# burger and it was very flavorful, juicy and the condiments did not over power the taste of the meat. It was very tasty. As a matter of fact, we both ate the whole burger which I usually can't do with a 1/2# burger. My sister said that to her the burgers from the Choo Choo and from the Corner Bar were just burgers. The Station Grill and the Brown Bear were really good burgers. So we have checked off four of the five burger joints off our list. One more remains and that is Goog's Pub and Grub in Holland. Since it is in the town where I live I have been there several times and I know it is excellent. I know it's going to fit in one of the top three spots for sure. It's going to be a tough decision. Come on back tomorrow for the final review.

No storage unit work for me today, though. It was in the 90's today and quite humid. I was sweating standing still. But we did drive by the beach in Grand Haven, which is one of my favorite places in Michigan. From there we went to Wal-Mart in Grand Haven since I don't like the Wal-Mart in Holland at all. I wanted to pick up some sweat pants for this winter. Nothing like thinking about cold weather wear when it's 90+ degrees out. LOL.

1 comment:

Toni K said...

Love the Station Grill! I've only been there once, but I loved the burger I had there. Hard to beat Goog's eh. Miss you lady!