Friday, September 2, 2011

Burger Tour Day 5

Hello from Burger Tour 2011 Central!!! Today is the fifth and final day of the West Michigan Burger Tour 2011 for Dianne and Bev. In many ways I guess you could say we saved one of the best for last. Today we visited Goog's Pub and Grub in Holland. Like I mentioned yesterday we have dined at Goog's many, many times as I live in Holland now. It is close and yummy for burgers, burritos and pizza. We started off our meal with an appetizer. Their Bacon Bleu Chips are one of the best damn appetizers on the planet. They top home made potato chips with bleu cheese, melted mozzarella and bacon. It is yummy with each and every bite. Because of their yumminess it is hard to leave room for the huge burger they bring out. I'm fairly certain they are 1/2# and are very juicy and flavorful. There is a wide array of selection too. Dianne opted for her old stand by olive burger but I decided to go with one of their new menu choices, the cheezy tator burger. This burger has bacon and crispy tator tots topped with cheeze. Mmmmm, mmmmm good. Unfortunately, I could only eat half of it. Come to think of it, I've never eaten a full burger at Goog's yet.

Now comes the time to pick our winners. Dianne and I both agree that the Brown Bear and Goog's ties for first place. The Station Grill is next and then the Corner Bar and the Choo Choo Grill. It was hard to pick a winner but I believe doing five burgers in five days made it easier. But I don't think I will need a burger for a few weeks. I'm kind of burgered out if you know what I mean.

2 comments:

Toni K said...

You did it!!! So glad your pups cooperated with yours and Dianne's vacation! And I knew Goog's would be a the top! Awesome, except for those nasty chips ;)

River Reed said...

The chips are the best and I could have finished the whole burger tonight! Wish I would have gone, but tomorrow is WW weigh in day so it's probably best that I didn't make it!