Monday, May 24, 2010

My May Vacation

Okay...I'm PORDTMT now. I just typed a couple of long paragraphs telling you all the splendid details of my vacation so far and I don't know WTH I did but I deleted the whole thing. Pissed!!!

So anyway...I'll give you the shortened condensed version of my last post. Friday...drove to my sister's to start a fun vacation to help my sister declutter her bedroom. Saturday...worked all day on her big closet and took out eight or nine garbage bags full of clothes and purses to donate to Goodwill. Yikes...her closet is full again of clothes that were in a pile in front of the small closet. Sunday...wicked hot, humid Illinois day. We drove to Kenosha, WI, to attend Dianne's neighbor, Becky's, graduation from Carthage College on the shores of Lake Michigan. Beautiful campus, beautiful day, 20 degrees cooler on the lakeshore but the commencement exercises were mind-numbing boring and lasted almost three hours. Good food at Becky's afterwards. Monday...another mind-numbing day going through Dianne's SHOE closet. Took seven bags of shoes to Goodwill. Plus they were not like giant clown size shoes like mine, but tiny, little baby size 6 1/2 shoes. The closet was all shoes.

To sum up my vacation so far. Going through other people's crap can be mind-numbing, my sister is a little nuts, and I wish I would have known about Carthage College when I went to college simply so I could have lived on the shores of Lake Michigan once in my life.

So good night for now. My mind is numb and needs some rest. Catch on the flip side.

No comments: